We are currently seeking a Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator for Literacy NJ-Gloucester County Programs. The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the work of the program(s) under its direction, so that it can meet its stated mission. The primary functions include community relations and program development.
The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator will supervise and manage program volunteer and student intake and support activities, including recruitment, tutor training, student assessment, matching, continuing education, collections of resource materials, and communication with tutors and students; effectively organize services in accordance with grant deliverables; participate in community, media, and interagency activities which increase awareness of literacy services; serve on committees of other agencies which may benefit the growth of the program; promote collaboration between program and other community service organizations interested in local literacy programs.
This is a 25 hour/week position starting September 1, 2020. To apply, please send your resume to Jessica Tomkins at email@example.com.
- B.A. or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a non-profit organization and in volunteer supervision. Advanced skills may be substituted for experience. Interest/experience in adult literacy preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office, email. Ability to learn database management software (LACES).
- Possession of a driver’s license valid in New Jersey is required as the operation of a vehicle is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Knowledge of program policies, procedures and practices and the ability to effectively communicate same to others.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to research and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports containing statistical, operational or other analysis that result in findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to write correspondence, media materials, newsletters and memoranda.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize assigned work, analyze problems, develop effective work methods and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate office equipment, computers and software in an effective manner.
- Ability to maintain a poised and professional demeanor which includes sensitivity to cultural diversity, and to represent the program in a professional manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with COO, CEO, and statewide team.