About Literacy New Jersey
Literacy New Jersey exists so all adults have the opportunity to read, write, and communicate effectively. We do this by training volunteer tutors to help adult learners and by supporting a network of literacy programs.
Literacy New Jersey provides free instruction to adults who need help with reading, writing, math and speaking English. Trained volunteer tutors work with adults in small groups to help them improve their language and literacy skills so they can reach their life goals.
- Offers free adult literacy services in twelve counties: Burlington, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Sussex, Warren, Union, Hudson, Atlantic, and Cape.
- Provides comprehensive training to prepare community volunteers to tutor adults.
- Provides professional development, technical assistance, training and other support services to 14 affiliate member programs.
- Develops and disseminates instructional materials and training on key topics in adult literacy.
- Advocates on behalf of a statewide network of programs for increased funding and increased visibility for the need for adult literacy services.
Christine D'Agostino - President
Carpenter Contractor Trust
Vicki Beyer - Secretary
Stark & Stark
Bill Boglioli Board Member
Woolley-Boglioli Funeral Home, Holmdel Funeral Home
LVA Camden County (retired)
Alex Dundara - Treasurer
Perth Amboy Business Improvement Disrict
Woodbury Councilwoman (2017-2023)
Patrick Richards - President-elect
Precision Maintenance 1