Literacy New Jersey exists so all adults have the opportunity to read, write, and communicate effectively. We do this by training volunteer tutors to help adult learners and by supporting a network of literacy programs.
Literacy New Jersey provides free instruction to adults who need help with reading, writing, math and speaking English. Trained volunteer tutors work with adults one-to-one or in small groups to help them improve their language and literacy skills so they can reach their life goals.
- Offers free adult literacy services in eight counties: Burlington, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex, Ocean, Sussex, Union, and (west) Hudson.
- Provides comprehensive training to prepare community volunteers to tutor adults.
- Provides professional development, technical assistance, training and other support services to 14 affiliate member programs.
- Develops and disseminates instructional materials and training on key topics in adult literacy.
- Advocates on behalf of a statewide network of programs for increased funding and increased visibility for the need for adult literacy services.
Hollie Teslow - Board President
New Jersey Resources
Carpenter Contractor Trust NY/NJ
East Brunswick Public Library (retired)
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority
System Office Design
Madison Lawrence Industries
Precision Maintenance 1
Green Hills School (retired)